The fighting in Thothim area of the Chollo Kingdom by Peter Karlo
By [unknown placeholder $article.art_field1$]
Mar 8, 2011 - 9:00:01 AM
The fighting in Thothim area of the Chollo Kingdom
Written/Submitted by Peter Karlo
Monday, 07 March 2011 10:46
According to the latest news from our sources in Makakal ,were told through a telephone conversation spoken about the current fighting going on between the SPLA forces ,and the Chollo Land Vigilantes ,in Oweich Thothim at Panyikango county. And it was said that the current clashes and fighting ,was started by some Dinka SPLA-Soldiers ,who attacked the position of the Chollo Land Defense forces, that are led by Commander Olany ,at Owecih in Thotheim area, South of Malakal town in Upper Nile State.
And the cause of this fighting is believe to be triggered by one Dinka soldier who is a rapist, although he is serving among the undisciplined Dinka’s SPLA soldier in Upper Nile state.This Dinka SPLA rapist soldier, had committed a crime of rapped to a young Chollo girl at Oweich village in Thothim area in Lauk, the other day.
And the mother of this rapped Chollo young girl of the Oweich, went straight to meet with Commander Olany, together with other women of the village. Who were seeking helps from the Chollo Land Defense forces under Captain Olany, Ayuwak and Okechi, who were station in the nearby Village of Douro ,close to Oweich .
And the mother of this young girl started to complain to Commander Olany, about this rampant cases of rapes and crimes of violence that was committed against villages by those undisciplined Dinkas Soldiers of the SPLA Battalions , that were stationed at the village Oweich, and Thothim area, South of Malakal in the Panykango county, Upper Nile State.
From there Commander Olany, went to arrested culprit soldier, in order to investigate this rapist soldiers who was a Dinka criminal, serving under the undisciplined SPLA-soldiers. From there Commander Olany, started to investigate this rapist soldier after arresting and then interrogated him for rapping the young Chollo girl .
And while Commander Olany, was busy investigating and interrogating this Dinka culprit for committing a crime of rape against young girl Chollo the night before. Then out of a sudden came the SPLA-Dinkas Soldiers who made a pre-empty attacked against the Chollo Defense Forces, behind their back and this time when the fighting started to flare up between the two armed forces..
It was those SPLA –Dinkas Soldiers, who were stationed at the nearby village of Oweich in Thothim area of Panyikango county Upper Nile State ,who started the war. Which was cause and trigger when the young girl was raped at that village Oweich. And it was the case of raped that was the major reason which sparked this ongoing fighting between the SPLA-Dinka soldiers ,and the Chollo Land’s Defense forces , in Oweich village and Thothim area of Panyikango county ,in Upper Nile State.
And as we writing it is said that the SPLA-forces that are station around the whole of Chollo Kingdom, are now matching toward Ocheich village and Thothim area. So that those SPLA –Soldiers would reinforces other Dinkas- SPLA Soldiers who got defeat in the first battled with the Chollo Defense forces. And some of those SPLA –Soldiers are still engaged in the fight and pursuing the Chollo Defense in Thothim areas. Who had tactically withdrawn from Oweich battlefield early in the day
At the same time those cruel SPLA Dinka Soldiers are still engaged a indiscriminately massacring of the Chollo Civilians at Oweich and in the Thothim area. And these SPLA Soldiers are using the same manner and scenario that was deployed in Panjaak Massacre .Which also resembled the Lul Weic Rek Masssere which took place previous last year against the un armed Chollo Civilians in Lul, Wich Rek in Fashodo county Upper Nile State. And this is the same indiscriminate killing and murdering of the Chollo civilians which actually resemble the previous massacre in Weic Rek ,Fachodo county Upper Nile ,last year.
It is said and reported that lots of heavy armed , SPLA-Dinkas Soldiers are now matching toward Oweich and Thothim area.And they are going to join the fighting against Chollo defense Commander led by Olany,Ayuwak and Akecih. They also say that those SPLA Dinka’s Soldiers, are shooting and killing the chollo civilian indiscriminately and they are also massacring the civilians, ,without mercies, or sparing the civilians lives from death.
The SPLA –Soldiers are targeting the wounded Chollo civilians and especially the inquired Chollo Defense forces of Commander Olany. And the lives of those wounded Chollo Soldiers is not being sparing from slaughter and killing even though they are wounded victims. The SPLA-Soldier don’t mind neither bother to shot and kill an inquired and a helpless Chollo defense soldiers . Those Chollo wounded and injured are randomly being shoot to killed in order to finished them completely until they are all dead
Therefore where is the Geneva Convention here being observed and put in to practiced by those cruel and sadistic Dinka SPLA-Soldiers. Instead these primitive Dinka Soldiers ,who are very unruly and undisciplined do not at all respect the rule of combatant according to the Geneva Convention . That has stipulated that any soldiers who is captured after he had been wounded and injured in battlefield or war. That soldier live have to spare from death and he ought to be given full protection by all means .
The Geneva Convention also stipulates that a wounded and injured soldiers lives have to be saved and he must not be shoot to dead after he is captured live by the enemy combatant. But it seem like the SPLA _Soldiers are not sparing the lives of the wounded Chollo Defense soldiers who are now being shoot to death in the battled of Oweich in Thothim
And instead of the SPLA-Soldiers keeping alive the lives of those wounded and injured Chollo Defense soldiers as prisoners . But the SPLA- Soldiers, are instead engaged in merciless killing and manslaughter of those wounded and injured Chollo Defense soldiers .
The SPLA –Dinkas Soldiers ,are not respecting and neither are they implementing the Geneva Convention, and that is why they busy in manslaughter and murdering those Chollo wounded and injured soldiers as we speaks in the Oweich and Thotheim areas, in the battlefield at Panyikango county, of the Upper Nile State.
It has been reported that the Chollo Defense forces led by commander Olany , of the Southern Command , had tacitly withdrawn from the Oweich battlefield , for next day. Meanwhile the invading and occupying SPLA-Dinkas Soldier, are lifted alone very loss on the Chollo civilian.
And this where the SPLA-Dinkas Soldiers shall continuous with their sadistic spree of rapping, threat ,intimidation abusing ,committing violence, and cold murdering of the unarmed innocent Chollo civilians, in Oweich and the surrounding Thothim area of Panyikango county in Upper Nile State.
1- Therefore we are appealing to the United Nation - Peace Keeping forces to comes to Upper Nile State and immediately intervene in this war of occupation and invasion . We needs the United Nation Peace Keeping Forces ,to come and rescue and save the unarmed Chollo innocent Civilians lives. From being abused ,raped and massacred by the Dinkas Soldiers in Thotim area at Panyikango county, Upper Nile State.
2. . We also calling up on the SPLA-Chief of Staff James Oathi Mai, to immediately intervene and declare a ceasefire between the warring forces in Thothim area ,this is in order to stop this senseless Dinkas SPLA-Soldiers war, of invasion, occupation ,tutoring, abusing and massacring of the Chollo unarmed civilians in Thotim area of Chollo Kingdom.
3. We are strongly warning and also making a hit to Governor Simon Pouch, including Salva Kiir,Dr.Rick Machar, Cier Chuang and Nhail Deng Nhail ,that we have forward their names to Mr. Louse Mario Ocompo the ICC Prosecutor in Hague ,Netherland. For we are all holding the above mention names as Dinkas leaders who are responsible for instigating inciting the SPLA-Dinka Soldiers, to carry out this indiscriminately killing of the unarmed Chollo Civilians and also to committed heinous crimes against humanity up on the Chollo unarmed civilians, in last year in Wich Rek –Lul Gaar Fachodo county of Upper Nile , and now again in Thothim-Luak area South of the Chollo Kingdom ,Upper Nile State.
4. We calling for president Salva Kiir, to urgently form fact founding committee that will look into the root cause of this Land Grabbing war going on in the Chollo Kingdom. A war of invasion and occupation that was started by the so called Dinka Padang, and some Nuer’s, Settlers ,who wanted to land grabbed, the Chollo East Bank through the use of threat, intimidations ,killing ,murdering and forcefully annexation of the Chollo East Bank land which the so called Dinka Padang are illegally occupying those Chollo Land and territories found that are found on Eastern Bank of the river Nile.
5.We wants and are demanding the so called for Dinka Padang and Nuers Settlers to evacuated and move away from the any Chollo Land and territories that the hare illegally occupied in the Chollo Kingdom.
6.And the Chollo Land and territories that are threat to be land grabbed starts from Eastern Tonga, all the Way via Eastern Panyikango and through Pankango,Obbay, Parjour,Adeydeiyang ,Obang,Obel ,and Ankidair OGodda KhuorNama on the Sobat river. And from there all the way going up North to the Chollo Kingdom through Eastern side of Thotheim area, that begin North of Obel in Dolieb Hills area, and then to Oweich in Thothim area up until Wararjwok near the Malakal town .And then from you proceed on the Eastern of Malak Chollo county ,and all the way though,Oggodda, Wau,Nygaro, and to Eastern Parthouo ,Pardaidet ,until Eastern you reach Eastern Lul Otango and Eastern Abanimum . From there all the way you keeps going North until you come to Eastern Eastern Kodoka and then finally Chollo Koum in Melut town. And these are all the Chollo people ancestral land and territories that are suited on the Eastern Banks of the river Nile, in the Chollo Kingdom Upper Nile State
7. We calling for the formation of a fact finding committee ,that will be mandate by president Salva Kiir, to immediately demarcate the existing ,1 January ,1956 tribal boundaries and border between the Chollo people , and Dinka Padang in Upper Nile and Jonglei State. And this Land Crisis Committee must urge the so called Dinkas Padang, to evacuate and move away from the Chollo Eastern Land and territories .And the Dinka Padang, must strongly be told and warned to stop their illegally land grabbing of the Chollo Lands and territories .
8. We are call on the Upper Nile Governor Simon pouch to speedily supervise the enforcement of the Southern Sudan Lands Laws and properly implements the land laws in the Southern Sudan interim constitution with. With due respect to the already existing boundaries and border that were dividing between the Chollo land of the Eastern Bank and the so called Dinka Padang. And this tribal boundaries and borders between Chollo people and Dinkas, use to exist since along a time ago since 1936 during Governor Wellis ,up to the time of Sudan Independence on January 1st 1956.
9. And the Dinkas must clearly be told by GoSS Presidency in Juba and Upper Nile Authorities in Malakal including the Law Enforcement Agencies. That the Dinka Padang must immediately evacuates and moves away from the Chollo land and territories on the Eastern Bank of the Nile, in Upper Nile State and the Jongelei State.
10. The Dinka Padang ,who are illegally occupying the Chollo Land and territories on the Eastern Banks must evacuate and move away from the Chollo Land and territories on the Eastern Banks. In the same manner like how the Dinka Bor were told to move away. And like how the Dinka Bor, had were early evacuates from Yambio in WES, and in Nimule ,in EES.
11.The Dinka Bor ,were persuade and convinced to leave and that is why they finally left Nimule Eastern Equatoria State,and Yambio in the Azandi Land plus in the Molvolo in Jur Belia areas of Western Equatoria State . And the evacuation of the Dinka Bor and Dinka Gaar , from the Greater Equatoria ,was succeeded story. Because the those two Dinkas Clans were moved away from the Greater Equatoria region, through the tireless affords of the GoSS –Presidential initiatives Committee. And in collaboration and coordination at the three States Governors Committees Levels and including the Dinkas Internal Displaces People Chiefs, Which also had involvement the Dinka’s Elders and the two Dinkas Political Leaders . And this is how the Dinkas Land Grabbering problems was finally resolves in Nimule and Yambio.
It was through the formation of conflict resolutions Committees that have resolved the problems of the Dinka Bor’s Internal Displaces people with their Cattles .And their land Grabbering disputes with other the Equatorian, like the Acholis Maadis , Azandis, and Jur Belia.
12. A-We calling up on the Governor of Upper Nile State to work closely with the Four Chollo Counties Commissioner, in order assisted them in the repatriating the Chollo Internal Displace People from Khartoum and the whole Northern Sudan. Especially those Chollo who are willing to returns to their Eastern Bank homes and villages
B-We are calling up on the Governor of Upper Nile state to provide helps to the Chollo Internal Displaces People, in term of their security and protection and grantee to the Chollo Internal Displaces people personal safety to their families and their properties including their cattle’s on the East Bank.
This could help from the Governor could be inform of providing Upper Nile police forces protection in the Chollo East Bank. And it could even includes providing a Neutral SPLA-Soldiers to guide the returning Chollo Internal Displaces People, who are coming to resettled in their Ancestral land and territories on the East Bank of the River Nile in the Upper Nile State\\
And those SPLA soldiers could be drawn mainly from the neutral the Equtorians soldiers, or Western Bhar El Ghazal SPLA- Soldiers who are neutral .And they must be given especially mandate to protect the Chollo Internal Displace People, from being attack by the heavily armed Dinkas Padang . But not SPLA –Dinkas Soldiers , or Nuer, are who are extremely bias toward Chollo people.
C-We are calling up on Upper Nile Governor to grantee the safety and to ensure security that the returning Chollo Internal Displace People are protect. Without being threaten ,with intimidated and threats of forces evacuation by the so called Dinka Padang ,who wanted to land grabbed the Chollo Land and territories on the Eastern Bank .
D- We are calling up on the Governor of Upper Nile and the State Security Forces to controlled the unruly Dinka Padang. And to stop them from attacking the Chollo Internal Displace people ,who wants to return to their Chollo Ancestral Villages on the Eastern Bank Land in Upper Nile State.
11. We are calling up on the Upper Nile Governor to speedily disarmed the so called Dinka Padang who are still heavily armed with weapons that they received from the SPLA-Dinka forcers. And weapon and ammunition The Dinka Padang had got through the previous deputy Governor of Upper Nile Mr. Dok Deng,Ceir Chaoung, and Geroge Athor, etc .And we calls up on the Governor for the formation of the Upper Nile Land Committee Dispute Committee. that would supervise the demarcations of border between Dinkas and the Chollo . So this Committee would then discourage the Dinka Padang and prevent them from land grabbering the Chollo Land and territories. And the Dinka Padang ,to to be disarmed because they are still carrying and are in possession of heavy armed ,weapons and ammunition which those Dinkas are using to kills and intimidate the Chollo Internal Displaces from returning to their ancestral villages on the Eastern Land of the River Nile. And in short let try to stop the Dinka Padang from land grabbers the Chollo Land and territories on the Eastern Bank.
12. Therefore we are calling on the Upper Nile Governor so that he starts persuading the so called Dinka Padang, to evacuate and moves themselves from the Chollo Land on Eastern Bank .And we wants to know if the Upper Nile Governor cannot convince the so called Dinka Padang,to leave the East Bank alone. So that the Chollo internal People would return to the ancestral land on the east bank without the so called Dinka Padang, incursion and invading into the Chollo Land and territories .
13. We Therefore suggesting to the Governor of Upper Nile State to invited the United Nation Peace Keeping troops to come give security and protection to the Chollo on the Eastern Villages . And we are calling up on the UN-Peace Keeping Forcers , to comes to Upper Niles States particularly Chollo Kingdom . That is in order for the UN-Peace Keeping Forces to creates a buffer zone between the Chollo land and territories on the eastern bank ,and to be separated from the so Dinka Padang with their cattle’s camps, or villages. Finally we are urging the Upper Nile Governor to invites ,allow and to welcomes the United Nation Peace Keeping Forces in the Buffer Zone dividing the Chollo and the so called Dinka Padang. And this is so that the United Nations Peace Keeping Forcers, could come and demarcated the tribal boundaries and borders lines of January 1 1956 ,that is dividing between the Chollo Land on the eastern banks ,and the so called Dinka Padang cattle’s camps if at all those Dinka Nomads have real villages .
© Copyright by sudaneseonline.com