Title: Al-Mahdi and (SRF) meeting brokered by a Zionist mediator: Sudanâ€™s president says
Author: SudaneseOnline News
Date: 10-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Khartoum-Sudanâ€™s President Omar Al-Bashir lashed out at the chief of the National Umma Party (NUP), Al-Sadiq al-Mahdi, stressing that he has rejected a request for a meeting with al-Mahdi in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, revealing that the meeting between Al-Mahdi and the rebel alliance of the Sudan Revolutionary Forces (SRF) was brokered by a Zionist mediator. In an interview with a media delegation accompanying him during his recent visit to Egypt on their way back to Khartoum, Sudanâ€™s president said that the SRF leaders sought for the figures who can carry out their agenda, adding â€śWe had information that the SRF leaders were looking for a national figure to help them to carry out their agenda and they found Al-Sadiq al-Mahdi,â€ť. He added that SRF plans are based upon a Zionist project targeting people of Sudan
Al-Bashir said that al-Mahdi made mistakes and we granted him a way out but he repeated the same mistake and he should bear the consequences.
He reiterated that his ruling commitment to the national dialogue initiative he put forward recently, adding that some opposition figures have mistakenly understood the initiative as a sign of weakness and surrender.
"We noticed that some of them want to jump over the dialogue and demanded results even before the dialogue starts. The dialogue does not mean stopping of the law.â€ť He added.
Al-Bashir refuted media comments that Egyptian Government deliberately put a map indicating that Halaib and Shalateen triangle inside Egyptian territory during his visit to Cairo.
He said that the map has been in its place since building of Ittihadiya presidential palace, stressing that Halaib is part of Sudan, adding that his country will not engage in war with Egypt over the issue.
He said that he agreed with al-Sisi to postpone controversial issues and focus on what is being agreed upon which represent 90%, and the remaining 10%, including Halaib could be resolved through dialogue and legal means