Title: Court to continue prosecution sessions of September demonstrators and Ba’ath cadres
Author: SudaneseOnline News
Date: 06-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Khartoum-Bahri criminal court will continue on Tuesday sessions of prosecuting 9 defendants in connection with Al-Khojalab demonstrations last September. In the meantime Khartoum North Court will continue today the trial of two cadres of the Ba’ath Socialist Party as Omdurman court will continue next Monday the trial of 30 of Dar-Asalam demonstrators who have been arrested during last September demonstrations.
Member of the defense panel advocate Amal Al-Zain told the Citizen on Monday that the defense panel has held a successful meeting during which the defense authority has been reformed following the release of 24 defendants and indictment of 9, affirming readiness of the panel to defend them.
On his part, the spokesperson of the Ba’ath Arab Socialist Party Mohamed Diyaa has told the Citizen that Khartoum North court will continue the trial of two members of his party after their arrest last month in connection to charges of breaching public tranquility as they were raising slogans demanding the downfall of the regime.
He described the prosecution of Ba’ath party cadres as backtrack on the margin of freedoms and the recent decisions by the President of the Republic.