Damanga Coalition for Freedom and Democracy invites you to participate in an upcoming rally to support Darfur and South Sudan
By [unknown placeholder $article.art_field1$]
Nov 12, 2010 - 9:18:23 PM
Damanga Coalition for Freedom and Democracy invites you to participate in an upcoming rally to support Darfur and
DC(Starting in front of the White House and marching towards the Chadian Embassy at
2401 Massachusetts Ave NW
WHEN: Sunday, November, 21, 2010, 1-4pm
**Speakers and co-sponsor organizations to be announced soon!**
With the South Sudan Referendum quickly approaching, Sudanese President Al-bashir’s government has significantly escalated it's attacks against the people of
Darfur. Reports indicate that MG-21 aircraft and helicopters are being used around the Jebel Marra, West Darfur and
South Darfur areas, displacing hundred of thousands of civilians, killing dozens of innocents, mostly women and children. Why?
• Al-bashir and his NCP Regime are “clearing out” Darfur before the referendum, to be held January 9, 2011. His government has mobilized the Sudanese Army Forces (SAF) and Janjaweed to the Abyei and border with
South Sudan, thereby threatening the southern Sudanese people’s rights to a free or fair vote for secession.
• The Al-bashir government continues to harass, intimidate, arrest, torture, jail and kill
innocent Darfuris in
Khartoum, Darfur and refugee sites in the
• The Chadian government explicitly cooperates with the Sudanese government, based on the recent agreement signed by both governments that negatively affects Darfuri refugees.
Sudan have formed ‘border security forces’ that target Darfuri refugees (special attention is given to the elite class and teachers living in the
Chad refugee camps and cities(.
Many Sudanese and Chadian opposition leaders also have disappeared without efforts by their respective governments to bring suspects to fair trial.
We are gathering to call attention to the demands for:
• Chad and Sudan to stop targeting Darfuri innocents under the pretense of “border security” and to immediately release all those arrested without any delays.
• The Chadian government to respect the human rights of Darfuris seeking refuge, to stop deporting refugees to Sudan, and to release all those arrested immediately.
• Support the International Criminal Court in it's efforts to arrest the indicted war criminals of Sudan (Omar Al-bashir, Ahmed Haroun, Ali Kushaib, Musa Hilal) and the dozens of suspects who have committed heinous crimes against humanity in Darfur.
• The United Nations, USA, European Union, Canada, Austria, African Union, Arab Leagues and the entire International Community to get serious about justice in Darfur; to be transparent and neutral about properly stopping the injustice in Darfur properly and hold the perpetrators accountable…immediately;
PEACE will never come to all of
Sudan without JUSTICE in
© Copyright by sudaneseonline.com