Ten years after the declaration of the Palestinian State, Israel would ask formally to join Arab League, Egypt would support it and Israel will manage to be a member, invoking the blood relationship between Arabs and Hebrews as cousins and their destiny is to coexist and live in the same land.
Ten reasons make me believe that there will not be anymore Arab-Israeli war. I mean, Arab countries would never join together to fight against Israel:
1. The project of " Al-uma Al-a´rabia " (the great Arabic nation) based on the Arabic blood has been buried by Abdel Nasir's death and by the invasion of Iraq by the United States, independently of the future of Sadam Hussein. The Syrian regime is controlled by the "Ba´th" party (Arabic renaissance) party that based on the same ideology as Sadam´s Ba´th party, but it’ll not last for much time. Since the winds of democratization and freedom are blowing around the region will affect it seriously. The sudden and precipitated withdrawal of the Syrian troops from Lebanon is a clear indication that the regime is no longer capable to spread its ideology and influences outside Syria. And even inside the country political opponents are starting to demand democracy, and the regime is facing some difficulties from USA pressure.
The ethnic minorities in Arabic countries that live for long time as second class citizens, such as Kurds in Iraq and Syria, the Berbers in north African Arab countries and the different indigenous African ethnic groups that represent the majority of the population in Sudan and in Mauritania. All these ethnic groups have woken up and ask for their rights as citizens, demanding justice and equality for all, independently of their origin. Citizens of Arab origin have monopolized the power and the economy of these countries for centuries.
2. The Arab countries are no longer talking about the liberation of whole Palestine, forcing Israel to disappear. In fact, only some Palestinians groups who still fighting Israel. The rest of Arab countries are just watching them on TV from their sofas. They’ve changed their messages and their tones against Israel. No country of the Arab League call Israel " the Zionist enemy ". Even the Palestinians call Israeli troops "Quat al-ihtilal al-Israili" (Israeli occupant forces), and they’re no longer claiming territories that became part of Israel since 1948, they only claim those have been occupied after the so-called the Six-Day War in 1967 (Cis-Jordan, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem East). In 1948 Israelis were in a weak position, they were looking for the recognition of their new State that has been created inside Palestine, but the Palestinians and Arab countries have rejected their claims and denied to recognize it. Fifty seven years later, the equation has been inverted: today, the Palestinians are asking Israel to recognize their right to have their own State ( Palestine), but Israel is reluctant to do so.
3. The Arab League has left the embargo against products and commodities produced by Jews companies, like Coca Cola, Ford, etc. today, Coca Cola is drunk even in Sudan and many Jews companies have invested directly in many Arab countries. And, there’re many Arab leaders who want to have diplomatic ties with Israel; but they’re waiting for the proper moment to do it.
4. The Arabs have lost all the wars that they’ve had against Israel.
5. There’re many Palestinians who work against their own people, as Secret Agents, who works in favour of Israel’s Armed Forces. This is not any secret, because the Palestinian National Authority has already executed some of them. Others have escaped to Israel and they live under its protection. But, there aren’t any Jews who work in favour of the Palestinians as Secret Agent. Why?
6. Israel has nuclear weapons arsenal and very advanced conventional arms. Moreover, it gets full support from US. I’m sure that, if Israel had lost the war against Arabs in 1948 and its existence as a State had been in danger, USA had not hesitated to use atomic bombs against Arab countries.
7. There isn’t any Arabic country that got nuclear weapon and if one of them managed to build a nuclear reactor so as to get atomic bombs, it couldn’t defend it from Israel’s Air Force. Sadam Husein couldn’t defend his nuclear reactor in 1981 and it’s been destroyed by Israeli planes. Conventional arms in Arab countries don’t bother Israel, because they’ve been bought from Israel’s friends: USA, the European Community, etc. and normally they used to use them against their own citizens and their Arabs neighbours.
8. The Arab world hasn’t got advanced technology in computer engineering, telecommunications, robotics, aeronautics, genetic engineering, etc. Therefore they will not be able to compete in the space, which will be vital for the national defence in the future. The advanced countries would use their technology to put satellites in the space and remote controlled planes so as to spy and control their enemies.
9. Nowadays, many Palestinians go to Israel to get their "bread", in spite of the critical situation between them; therefore, Palestinians will depend economically on Israel for long time. Even after their independence.
10. An Arabic proverb that’s very popular among pessimists, or perhaps realists, those who think that the Arab League is “good for nothing”, it says: Arabs have agreed that they would never reach any agreement.