منتديات سودانيزاونلاين    مكتبة الفساد    ابحث    اخبار و بيانات    مواضيع توثيقية    منبر الشعبية    اراء حرة و مقالات   
News and Press Releases    اتصل بنا    Articles and Views    English Forum    ناس الزقازيق   
Welcome Guest [Login]
Your last visit: 08-20-2018, 00:01 AM Home

News and Press ReleasesBeja decry delay by Constitutional Court as anniversary of 2005 Port Sudan massacre approaches

Printable Version   Forward   Threaded View « Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Jump to newest reply in thread »

Beja decry delay by Constitutional Court as anniversary of 2005 Port Sudan massacre approaches

01-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Radio Dabanga
<aRadio Dabanga
Registered: 03-30-2014
Total Posts: 1742






Beja decry delay by Constitutional Court as anniversary of 2005 Port Sudan massacre approaches

    10:31 PM January, 25 2018

    Sudanese Online
    Radio Dabanga-Amsterdam NL
    My Library
    Short URL

    January 25 - 2018andnbsp;PORT SUDAN
    Posters in Red Sea state announce the 12th Anniversary of the Port Sudan 'massacre' and list the names of the victims of the 2005 tragedy (RD)
    Posters in Red Sea state announce the 12th Anniversary of the Port Sudan 'massacre' and list the names of the victims of the 2005 tragedy (RD)

    As the anniversary of the killing of 21 peaceful protesters in Port Sudan's Deim El Arab district in Red Sea state by government forces on January 29 2005, the families of the massacre have criticised the Constitutional Court for delaying the appeal against the authorities' refusal to include the files of the previous investigation into the case.

    On January 29 2005, government forces violently quelled a demonstration calling on Khartoum to allocate more resources to the marginalised region inhabited by the Beja tribe. In addition to theandnbsp;21 people killed, popularly referred to as “martyrs”, more than 400 protesters, among them women and children, were injured. Hundreds of demonstrators were detained.

    For years, Beja leaders called for the prosecution of the forces who killed the demonstrators to no avail. Theandnbsp;annual commemorationandnbsp;of the massacre was sometimes banned as well.

    After the Constitutional Court decided positively on the lawyers’ request for a new investigation in late 2015, the authorities in Port Sudan agreed inandnbsp;October 2016andnbsp;to reopen the file. The prosecutor agreed to request the Defence and Interior Ministers to lift the immunity enjoyed by members of the regular armed forces. Yet, he refused to add the files of a previous investigation into the incident to the case.

    Constitutional Court

    Najla Mohamed Ali, the lawyer of the victims' families, told Radio Dabanga this week that the Constitutional Court has not yet adjudicated the appeal filed since April 2017.

    She explained that last year, the Minister of Justice and the Attorney General refused to address the Ministries of Defence and Interior to include the files of the investigation of the case under the pretext of confidentiality of the files.

    She explained that the required files contain the names of the perpetrators.

    She called on the Constitutional Court to expedite the adjudication of the appeal so that the relatives of the victims can appeal the litigation.

    Commemoration

    Preparations have been completed in Red Sea state to commemorate the 12th anniversary of the Port Sudan massacre that claimed the lives of 21 residents.

    Ibrahim Omar, member of the High Committee of the Martyrs of January 29, told Radio Dabanga from Port Sudan that the committeeandnbsp;annually commemorates the occasionandnbsp;in solidarity with the families of the martyrs. Omar said the event will be held in the Martyrs Square in Port Sudan on Monday.

    He called on all the residents of the state to participate. He explained that the media committee has widely distributed posters and advertisements in the state.

    He praised the generous support provided by the state residents for the event.

                  

Arabic Forum

[Post A Reply] Page 1 of 1:   <<  1  >>

Comments of SudaneseOnline.com readers on that topic:

Beja decry delay by Constitutional Court as anniversary of 2005 Port Sudan massacre approaches
at FaceBook
Report any abusive and or inappropriate material



فيديوهات سودانيزاونلاين Sudanese Online Videos
Latest Posts in English Forum
Articles and Views
اراء حرة و مقالات
News and Press Releases
اخبار و بيانات
اخر المواضيع فى المنبر العام
صور سودانيزاونلاين SudaneseOnline Images
ويكيبيديا سودانيز اون لاين
Sudanese Online Wikipedia



فيس بوك جوجل بلس تويتر انستقرام يوتيوب بنتيريست Google News
الرسائل والمقالات و الآراء المنشورة في المنتدى بأسماء أصحابها أو بأسماء مستعارة لا تمثل بالضرورة الرأي الرسمي لصاحب الموقع أو سودانيز اون لاين بل تمثل وجهة نظر كاتبها
لا يمكنك نقل أو اقتباس اى مواد أعلامية من هذا الموقع الا بعد الحصول على اذن من الادارة
About Us
Contact Us
About Sudanese Online
اخبار و بيانات
اراء حرة و مقالات
صور سودانيزاونلاين
فيديوهات سودانيزاونلاين
ويكيبيديا سودانيز اون لاين
منتديات سودانيزاونلاين
News and Press Releases
Articles and Views
SudaneseOnline Images
Sudanese Online Videos
Sudanese Online Wikipedia
Sudanese Online Forums
If you're looking to submit News,Video,a Press Release or or Article please feel free to send it to [email protected]

© 2014 SudaneseOnline.com


Software Version 1.3.0 © 2N-com.de